I first heard about apple cider vinegar from my favorite blogger, Lauryn Evarts from The Skinny Confidential (check her blog out, you’ll be obsessed!). While I don’t love love love the taste of ACV, it has a ton of uses & benefits–some that I still need to try!
According to Mind Body Green, here are just of the ways you can use apple cider vinegar:
- It can regulate the pH of your skin- mixing one part ACV with two parts water and wiping on your face with a cotton ball can replace your current toner.
- It can remove teeth stains- wipe directly on teeth and rinse! (I NEEED to try this A$AP Rocky!)
- It can soothe sunburned skin- add 1 cup of ACV to a bath and soak for 10 minutes to relieve the pain. (I definitely try my best to hide from the sun because of previous burns, this would have been great to know!)
- It can aid in weight loss: Mind Body Green says, “For daily weight management, add 2 teaspoons of ACV to 16 ounces of water. This concoction can be sipped throughout the day. Data shows some limited, yet significant, weight-loss benefits from sustained daily intake of acetic acid (which is a main ingredient in ACV).” Further, “In a 2009 study in Bioscience, Biotechnology, and Biochemistry, it was found that subjects who consumed acetic acid for 12 weeks experienced significant declines in body weight, abdominal fat, wait circumference, and triglycerides. Triglycerides contribute to the bad cholesterol that we want to avoid.”
- It balances your entire inner body system
- It can help you detox
- It’s great for your lymphatic system
- aaannnnddd..it can help reduce heartburn.
To get my daily dose of ACV, I mix it with water, lemon, and cayenne pepper. I used to take shots of it (party girl, I know), but that was a little to much so now I make my mixed drink (;
SO GO TRY SOME! The benefits are unreal.
Enjoy my friends,